August 7 - Willow Lake (BCC)

 Sunny day with highs reaching 100 degrees (again).

Heading up BCC to hike up Millie Lift to Twin Lakes and then over to Lake Mary, Dog Lake and perhaps farther.

Quiet drive up BCC but when I reach the Millie Lift it's blocked off due to construction. They have part of the parking lot dug up, big construction machines everywhere - darn Ski companies! :( Guess I'm going Willow Lake today.

I arrive and there looks like there are some folks camping and perhaps one group/person hiking; perfect. It's in the mid-50s and the sun is still coming up over the mountains when I start.

The flowers are definitely gone; just a few Asters here and there. Birds are not out yet. Just a nice cool morning walk and soon I'm at the meadow.

I stop just before entering the aspens again for a look.

I reach the lake and through the trees is looks pretty empty.

I head to the other side. As I do I scare up a bunch of birds including some bluebirds. They deserve a stop to watch.

When I reach the lake, she's definitely really low but there's enough water to make some ducks happy.

I also spot a doe at the edge of the forest munching on some leaves.

There are campers and we exchange "Mornings" as I pass. 

The other side of the woods is quiet; no deer or moose.

Soon I'm back at the meadow and heading downhill.

As I approach the creek (which is now dry), I hear rustling in the woods. I stop and watch a doe cross the path and stop. 

Again rustling and her fawn (still with spots) crosses and then another fawn. 

And there's still more rustling as the final doe crosses. She heads down to the creek but unfortunately nothing for her to drink. 

I watch for a bit before I leave them alone and continue on my way.

Good day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

May 8 - Mormon Trail (to dam)

May 16 -Heading up to Twin Lakes (well, just a little bit of up)

May 10 - Lambs Canyon Road