July 5 - Lake Solitude (BCC)

 Sunny day with temps in the mid-90s today.

Heading up BCC to hike up to Lake Solitude and back. (Nothing too exciting but it's getting outside).

Leave early expecting crowds due to 4th holiday but surprisingly not. Willow Lake only had 3 cars - strange, but good. 

I went trolling for critter where I saw that Mom/baby moose last and saw a lone deer! Nice!

Silver Lake was equally not busy - though it was only just after 7am. Temps in the mid-50s.

Flowers are really starting to bloom now; the numbers are down from the usual.

No moose or deer around the lake BUT I stop a doe soon after I start my way up to Lake Solitude.

Lupine, Jacobs Ladder, Yellow Composites, Paintbrush, Horsemint are all in bloom now.

Sad to see the shortcut up to the switchback is close for re-vegetation. That's the road they put new snowmaking lines thru; I'm sure it'll be closed for years unless they put some straw/seeds to speed things along. It's still just bare. Makes me wonder what they are doing to the trail (no, I'm mean dirt hill) up to Twin Lakes. Is it closed for re-vegetation or what?

Anyway I continue on to Lake Solitude. I do see a buck along the way.


But no Pika or other critters.

Lake Solitude is beautiful as always.

After a short break, time to return.

On the return, I see a Parnassian, Western tiger Swallowtail and a small orange flyer!!

Three deer and a couple of butterflies; Good day!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

May 8 - Mormon Trail (to dam)

May 16 -Heading up to Twin Lakes (well, just a little bit of up)

May 10 - Lambs Canyon Road