August 6 - Silver Lake -- Lake Solitude Loop (BCC)

 Well it''s warming up again with a high of 99 today and excessive heat warning thru the weekend. So I'm heading up into the mountains and hopefully so shade by hiking from Silver Lake to Lake Solitude and back.

I arrive just after 3pm. It's around 80 degrees and sunning. Parking lot has spots (yea) as people are starting to leave now.

It's smoky out but far better than the valley (Spokane Fire).

I walk out to the meadow and boy is it dry; things are fading fast. Hardly any flowers left around the lake and Silver Lake is low and not so pretty, at least for a Utahan.

I make my way to the trail and start up. The flowers have all be faded. There's a few Paintbrush and Yellow Composite and Yarrow but pretty gone.

Quiet walk. No birds chirping, squirrels or chipmunks chirping but I do see a few. I also find Woodpecker by listening and searching.

Soon I'm at Lake Solitude; she's pretty low as well. No ducks today!

I start to the other side of the lake as I want to check for flowers and butterflies. And I do find a Ruddy Copper pretty quickly but that's it!

I decide to loop around the lake for the first time ever and do spot a few Frit and a Weidemeyers Admiral.

Time to head back.

Good day!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

May 8 - Mormon Trail (to dam)

May 16 -Heading up to Twin Lakes (well, just a little bit of up)

May 10 - Lambs Canyon Road