June 26 - Twin Lakes via Millie Lift (BCC)
Sunny day with highs in the mid-90s!
Heading up to hike to Twins Lake today. Thinking about also taking the trail over to Lake Mary OR walking Twin Lakes.
Arrive just after 7am; sunny and in the 60s. I'm the only one at the TH.
As I start up the trail, many Marmots running around already at the start.
And it's really greening up and the blooms are just getting started. I see Bluebells, Geraniums, Yellow composites, paintbrush and LOTS of Buckwheat! I can't wait for the next few weeks!! I think I'm going to wait another week (or two) before heading over to Lake Mary to catch more flowers!
Many birds singing though did not see any "migrators" today. A bit disappointed as I was looking for them.
Quiet walk - no deer or moose; just Marmots and Ground Squirrels.
Views continue to be good.
I make it up the final big hill and it's really windy now. I head over to Twin Lakes and it's incredibly windy; lots of waves on the lake. I'm wimpy, I'm not walking in this wind.
I think about looping down to Lake Solitude but decide this is just a short day (again). Don't know why I'm hesitant to go farther but I'll push through it.
Easy trip back down. I do catch that moth that's had me excited about a butterfly sighting.
And I do see a butterfly; a Parnassian!Hopefully it's a good start to a nice mountain butterfly season (but we need rain).
Good day!
Comments
Post a Comment