July 24 - Lake Solitude (BCC)

 Sunny day with temps in the upper 90s.

My original plan was to hike to Twin Lakes and over to Lake Mary, etc but lack of sleep last night and also not feeling well, I decide just to hike to Lake  Solitude. I get 3.5sh miles and little elevation but still not taxing.

I arrive before 7 and super surprised that it's not packed; but also very happy. It's in the upper 50s which feels awesome!

I head out towards the TH; just a beautiful morning. No moose or deer to be seen. And no beavers either. Water levels seem pretty consistent probably due to the monsoon rains we've had.

I start my way to Lake Solitude and like Willow Lake, the flowers have faded fast. There is one spot almost to the avalanche area that is still in full bloom with Lupine, a lot of Horsemint and others but it's the exception.

I notice that the Pika are starting to collect vegetation for the winter in one area.

And I do spot a Pika in the avalanche area; just a quick glimpse.

Lake Solitude is still looking good. No deer to be seen around the lake BUT I do see a deer in the distance along the trail up to my perch (and above Twin Lakes). Unfortunately, I'm not heading that way this morning.

Time to head back.

On the return, I see 2 Pika in the 3rd Pika area.

Good day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

May 8 - Mormon Trail (to dam)

May 16 -Heading up to Twin Lakes (well, just a little bit of up)

May 10 - Lambs Canyon Road