July 10 - Willow Lake (BCC)

 It's an off-Friday but I mistakenly scheduled a Dr appt in the morning - boo! But got a 6am start to head up BCC to hike to Willow Lake and back. I know I just did this hike this but it's short and there's a chance to see Moose - fingers crossed.

Canyon the busiest I've seen it all summer probably because its Wildflower time! The Brighton festival is Saturday and Alta's next Saturday.

Fortunately, Willow Lake has only couple cars which I suspect are campers.

It's still shady and in the 50s when I start up the trail. It's quiet and cool; not much moving around yet. Before I know it, I'm at meadow. And one of those cars are hikers as they came up the other side and are just reaching the far end of the meadow.

I cross the meadow (no ground squirrels yet) and I think they headed directly to the lake so I'll go counter-clockwise; a direction I don't normally go but it'll be a good perception and change of pace. Unfortunately, the couple went the same direction but I pass them.

I head to the other side, no moose or deer. The lake is really low but I meet a Mom Mallard and her flock of fluffy ducklings.

Then its back down thru the meadow and down the opposite side.

Good day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

May 8 - Mormon Trail (to dam)

May 16 -Heading up to Twin Lakes (well, just a little bit of up)

May 10 - Lambs Canyon Road