June 19 - Silver Lake to Lake Solitude (BCC)
Heading up for another hike to Twin Lakes (perhaps the Pass). Sunny day with highs in the low 90s.
THs are more looking like a normal summer Friday but the drive was still quick.
As I'm just before the fire station, I see a guy with a large camera aiming to the right. I slow down and see the back of a moose and then a little baby pops out of the brush. So cute!! (I did not stop.) I'll keep the memory in my brain.
I arrive at Silver Lake and there's a number of folks here already. Probably should not have dragged my feet this morning. It's 44 degrees and sunny as I head out around the lake. No moose, deer or beaver as I reach the TH. (The Irises have started to bloom though.)
I pass 3 people on the trail and then stop because I see a lone deer. I get to share with those folks. And that's the only wildlife I see on the trail (not even a Pika peep).
Lake Solitude looks great but no deer around. I head to the other side to check for birds but I see nothing flying.
Baneberry are in bloom!
Unfortunately my knee is cranky for some reason so I'm not going to push it up the mountain and then back down. Don't want to suffer for a week so it's a short hike today. Time to head back.
I don't go up to the switchback to search for Pika (saving the knee).
But the early return pays off as when I get to the dock, a beaver is swimming by - so close!!
I race to the footbridge and just miss it's dive under the bridge BUT I do see it pop up and swim into his dam. Very cool! All works out in the end!
Good day!
Comments
Post a Comment